402 Monroe St. Alexandria, LA 71301
Phone: (318) 473-2063 | Fax: (318) 443-2449
Our Lady’s Manor is a IIUD subsidized, 6-story living facility that provides Independent Living in a comfortable, safe, and affordable environment for the elderly and disabled. The residents at Our Lady’s Manor find companionship, privacy, and self-determination mixed with management and staff care.
Who We Are:
Sponsored by Our Lady of Prompt Succor Parish in Alexandria, LA. Our Lady’s Manor blends apartment living with companionship, sharing, and interaction.
The Manor is people…coming together from varied religious, ethnic, and occupational backgrounds for companionship and for the opportunity to fulfill their dreams for a comfortable and satisfying lifestyle.
How do I become a resident?
- Must be 62 or older
- Gross income must be below 50% of the medium Rapides Parish income level
- Must be able to live independently
- Complete the application form and return it to the Manor administrative office (return with required documentation)
“Our staff is here to help ensure a professional, efficient, safe, and clean environment for our residents.”
- Community Manager: Oversees the day to day administration and operations of the building, employees, and residents.
- Service Coordinator: Works directly with residents to help obtain and coordinate needed services and information on an individual basis.
- Administrative Assistant: Works alongside the community manager to meet the administration and operation needs of the residents and management.
- Maintenance: Oversees the day to day maintenance and repair of the building/apartments.
- Janitorial: Oversees the day to day cleaning of the building.
The six-story high-rise apartment complex features the following:
- 5 Two-bedroom Apartments
- 98 One-bedroom Apartments
- 9 rooms are designed for the handicapped
- Utility Allowance
- Basic Cable TV provided
- Fully equipped kitchen with refrigerator and stove
- Emergency call buttons in the bathrooms
- Handrails along corridors
- No steps at entrances
- Laundry facilities
- Community Room
- Beauty/Barber Shop
- Exercise Area
- On-Site Parking
- Secured Entries & Security Cameras
Other Amenities & Activities
- Educational Programs: informing and enriching resident’s lives through education
- Weekly Blood Pressure Checks by local healthcare agencies
- Local Medical Providers make home visits (at the request of individual residents)
- Covered Dish community meal once per month
- Walking distance to local major medical facilities
- Mobile Library visits once per month
- A-Trans Bus Route – Walking distance to Bus Stop
- Daily social functions
“With the ancient is wisdom; and in length of days understanding.”