See map: Google Maps
The Precepts of the Church
The pope and bishops have established some laws to help us know and fulfill our responsibilities as members of the Church. These laws are called the precepts of the Church.
It is helpful to think of the precepts as rules or principles intended as a guide for behavior. They teach us how we should act as members of the Church. These precepts also make sure that the Church has what it needs to serve its members and grow.
- You shall attend Mass on Sundays and holy days of obligation and rest from servile labor.
- You shall confess your sins at least once a year.
- You shall receive the Sacrament of the Eucharist at least during the Easter season.
- You shall observe the days of fasting and abstinence by the Church.
- You shall help provide for the needs of the Church.